2019 O'my! Family Reunion
WHAT: 2019 O'my! Family Reunion
WHEN: October 5, 2019
WHERE: our place!
*to see previous years Reunions, click here.
WHO TO BRING: You, any family members, your dog(s)
WHAT TO BRING: Crate, leashes, fav toy, snacks (for you or your dog), wrapped gift ($25 limit, can be dog related or not)
WHEN TO BRING: Be here around 8AM on Saturday!
THE BIG DAY!!!
THANK YOU to those who were able to attend our third (of many) reunions. Dean and I once again feel so lucky to have the best puppy homes we could ever ask for. It was so nice to see some new faces this year in addition to the same faces from last year, plus Player grandkids. I hope we continue to see MORE faces each year to come!!!!
The team relay was soooo fun......our fastest recall was Hattie (Player/Lyric), our Agility winner was Tess (Tex/Remdy), our biggest dock jump was Shazam (Player/Jenga!), and our fastest speed retrieve was Fresh (Player/Siri) for the second year in a row.
The Secret Elephant game was hysterical and lots of neat gifts were brought (and stolen). Soooo many laughs and I can't wait to put a twist on the game for next year.
The food was delicious at both lunch and dinner!!! ? The doggie cake was a hit for Shuffle's first birthday as was the UNICORN human cake brought by Tracy.
For those who couldn't make it, we sure missed you and hope to see you NEXT YEAR. We will start planning for that soon. Again, thank you all for making this reunion lots of fun and making lots of memories with us and a big thanks to my mom, Kelli, Cindy for helping behind the scenes with setup, cleaning, mowing, boarding dogs, etc and to Maggie for dealing with our crazy family for pictures for another year.
Tentative Schedule of Events & Info
8:00 am -- Meet n Greet, get t-shirts and goodie bags
8:45am -- group photos by Maggie Fan (some individual portrait shots will be available for additional fee)
10:00 am -- *
11:00 am -- Open dock, disc, agility, lure and group play
12:15 pm -- Lunch + White Elephant Game
1:30 pm -- Team Relay
3:00 pm -- Open dock, disc, agility, lure and group play
5:00 pm -- *
6:00 pm -- Dinner followed by Family Feud
7:00 pm -- Results and Prizes from the games
Additional notes and info:
* the reunion is $30/person due by September 1st and this includes lunch and dinner plus a "goodie bag" that includes a logo'd O'my! Border Collie T-Shirt; one per person, you can request more for additional fee -- email@example.com is the PayPal address.
* teams will be determined once we have a headcount of who is able to participate -- I get to pick your teammates ;)
* if you have a medical condition that prevents you from being somewhat active with your dog, please let me know beforehand
* if you have any food allergies, please let me know
* dogs must be crated during lunch/dinner
* FRIDAY: Several of us are meeting for dinner, time and location TBA!
* SUNDAY: UPDOG CHALLENGE!!!!
DINNER: POT LUCK! (see below info for more details)
* you can crate your dogs in your car or in the training facility. You may setup EZ-Up tents.
* only one dog working with each handler at a time (aka if you are bringing multiple dogs, please don't have all 5 off leash at the same time in order to respect everyones space)